The things you cannot see behind your walls still bear a huge impact on your home. Your home electrical system is no exception! With a home electrical inspection, BelRed Energy Solutions can help identify potential pitfalls in your home wiring and provide solutions to make your home safe and compliant.
There are a few events that call for a thorough inspection, some of which are mandatory (and others, just a really worthwhile idea!): When adding an appliance, when a home has had a major renovation, when you’re about to purchase a home, or if your home is more than 40 years old and you haven’t previously had a home electrical inspection before.
Old electrical wiring cannot keep up with modern-day living, so electrical inspections can help inform your decision when buying an older home. Additionally, when purchasing a resale home, a comprehensive electrical inspection can reveal if owners may have renovated or added equipment that may not meet code for safety standards. Before starting a home improvement project or major renovation, an electrical inspection will provide a reality check on whether or not you can operate the appliances/fans/lighting you’d hope to install. Some insurance providers may also ask for your home electrical inspection during a homeowner insurance policy switch, or to support a claim for an existing policyholder.
BelRed’s electrical home inspection is the first step for the safety of your home, and anyone in it. Benefits include:
- Identifying oversized fuses or breakers – potential fire hazards
- Helping you save energy and reduce costs
- Meeting risk assessment inspection requirements for insurers
- Assessing the electrical safety of a home before you purchase it
- Flagging electrical mistakes made by contractors and previous DIY homeowners
- Recognizing outdated aluminum or knob-and-tube wiring
- Identifying electrical wiring and components that may have degraded over time
- Making sure switches, outlets, protectors, detectors, fault circuit interrupters and other components are working properly
Don’t wait – “get current!” The licensed electricians at BelRed Energy Solutions are here to ensure the safety of your home and family with an electrical home inspection. Call us at (855)-345-6161 or schedule an appointment online today with our residential electricians for electrical repairs, energy savings and more!