Spring has sprung and the weather is starting to warm up once again. Changing seasons always bring new projects for homeowners, from large construction or installation projects to annual Spring cleanup. Before tackling your project to-do list this Spring, it might be a good idea to get organized and have a checklist of necessary home maintenance steps. Running through these important inspections and seasonal tasks will ensure your home performs at its highest possible level and keeps you and your loved ones safe.
Here are a few things to check as you make your way through Spring home maintenance:
· Have a detailed home maintenance and safety inspection. If your home hasn’t been inspected in a long time, it may be a good idea to bring in a professional to comprehensively inspect your home for potential safety or problem maintenance areas. We offer quality home maintenance inspections and handyman services to not only identify problems on the interior and exterior of your home, but to also help you fix those problems quickly and effectively.
· Check for proper operation of doors and windows. You’ll be opening and closing your windows a lot more often as the weather gets warmer, so now is the time to make sure all windows work properly. Remember – periodically opening windows and/or doors can improve your home’s indoor air quality by replacing stale indoor air with fresh outdoor air.
· Inspect your garage. Cleaning the garage is a common Spring project for many homeowners. Now is a great time to lubricate garage door wheels, rails and openers. Also, ensure all fuel, paint or other hazardous material is not only organized and accessible for Spring and Summer use, but stored properly to ensure safety.
· Check your water sources. Spring should bring a careful check of your water heater, water lines and pipes for rust and leaks. Winter can be harsh on these things, so assessing any damage and fixing it now is key.
· Prepare your cooling systems. Whether you use forced air AC through an HVAC system or rely on ceiling fans for warm weather cooling, proper inspections should be done. Fans in bathrooms and kitchens should also be checked seasonally.
· Check for wet spots or leak potential in the foundation and basement. Spring is traditionally a wet season. Checking carefully for existing or potential water problems and fixing them before they worsen can save a lot of time, money and headaches.
· Perform an external “clean sweep.” Spring is the perfect time to clean everything outside your home, including gutters, chimneys, attic vents, dryer vents, roof valleys and more. Spring cleaning is a great way to get a fresh start around your home.
If you need assistance with any of these Spring home maintenance checklist items (or others) don’t hesitate to reach out to BelRed. We are currently running a special through the month of April for $50 off all handyman services of $200 or more. Give us a call today to take advantage of this great deal!