Chances are you probably aren’t spending too much time thinking about the network of water and sewer pipes inside your walls that deliver hot and cold water and eliminate your waste. Out of sight, out of mind, right? But like your other home maintenance needs, taking a proactive approach to your home’s plumbing can offer significant savings and benefits.
For instance, did you know that leaky faucets can waste more than 3,000 gallons of water each year or that a leaky toilet can squander 200 gallons of water every day?
Problems like these are completely avoidable if the right steps are taken. By giving your plumbing a little regular attention, you can prolong its life, prevent leaks and prevent simple fixes from turning into costly repairs. Here are a few of the benefits of regular plumbing maintenance:
- Ensures smooth running of systems
- Access to the latest water and energy conservation techniques
- Prevention of water temperature spikes
- Protective warranties and guarantees
- Practical advice and suggestions
- Assures that your plumbing is up to code and safe
When you enlist the experienced professionals at BelRed to perform annual plumbing maintenance on your home, we are careful and thorough to ensure we spot any issues, big or small. Here are some services we offer to make this possible:
- Inspect for leaks and corrosion in exposed pipes
- Test household water pressure for indications of sediment buildup or problems with water lines or valves
- Inspect and clean water heater burners
- Inspect water heater vent pipes for safe operation
- Drain and flush water heater to remove sediment buildup
- Check each sink, shower and tub drain for slow drainage that can indicate a clog or blocked vent pipe
- Check the flushing handle and inside parts of toilets to make sure they are working properly
- Inspect caulking around tubs, sinks and toilets
- Test gaskets and seals in toilets for water-wasting leaks
- Inspect Washington machine hoses for cracks or leaks
- Check garbage disposals for leaks or damage
As homeowners, we often take toilets, faucets and drains for granted until they stop working on us. By scheduling regular plumbing maintenance, you’ll save plenty of money and frustration in the long run. Contact BelRed today to learn about our proactive plumbing maintenance program, plumbing repair services and more including heating repair and heat pump installation.