Saving money on heating can be cool and green with a heat pump from Bel Red. Heat pumps provide high efficiency heating AND air conditioning – at a fraction of the operating cost of other heating systems.
Does your home suffer from:
- Rooms that are too hot or too cold?
- High utility bills?
If you answered “yes,” Bel Red is here to help solve these issues with smarter solutions!
Heat pumps offer great comfort while saving you money. Unlike furnaces that burn fuel or use electric resistance to create heat, heat pumps move heat from one place to another using just a modest amount of electricity in the process.
With proper sizing, installation and air distribution, today’s modern heat pump systems can also provide:
- Increased comfort – with multi-stage or variable speed compressors that match their output to your home’s heating and cooling needs
- Even temperatures – through variable speed fans that gently mix the air, even when there is no call for heating or cooling
- Quiet operation – thanks to reduced compressor and fan noise
Beyond the savings you can see on your utility bills, you can often save even more with:
- Federal tax credits (geothermal systems)
- Utility rebate programs
Air-Source Heat Pumps
Like their name says, air-source heat pumps use the outside air to transfer heat for indoor comfort. In the winter, they extract heat from the outside air (even when you may not think there is any heat!) and move it inside your home. In the summer, they pull heat from your home and move it outside, to keep your home cool and comfortable.
Air-source heat pumps work efficiently with outdoor temperatures down to around 35°. In the Pacific Northwest, that means they will heat your home up to 90% of the time in the winter. For extremely cold days, backup heat is needed.
- Electrically heated homes – An air handler with backup resistance heaters will ensure your comfort on even the coldest of days
- Gas homes – A hybrid system using a heat pump paired with a gas furnace provides the best of both worlds through year-round comfort and great efficiency
- Both systems move the conditioned air through your existing ductwork – using the fan from your furnace or air handler
Air-source heat pumps from Bel Red deliver savings, comfort, and reliability, but care must be taken to properly size and install them – areas where Bel Red excels. Contact us today to see if one of these money-saving units is right for you.
Geothermal Heat Pumps
Geothermal heat pumps are the most efficient way to heat and cool your home, and they can even provide savings on water heating! Compared to installing a furnace or air-source heat pump, they:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Lessen US dependence on foreign oil and gas
Unlike air-source heat pumps that rely on the changing outside air temperature, geothermal heat pumps use relatively constant ground temperatures to heat and cool your home. The renewable resource of the earth’s heat is the key to geothermal efficiencies.
- Summertime comfort – using relatively cool temperatures below ground to cool your home
- Winter comfort – extracting warmth from the ground to heat your home
- Year-round savings – incredible efficiencies of over 300% on even the coldest of winter nights, running on only a small amount of electricity
Geothermal systems use a ground heat exchanger or “loop” buried beneath the earth in trenches or boreholes. Proper sizing and installation of this ground loop is critical for the operation and efficiency of your geothermal system. Bel Red provides unsurpassed performance and reliability with International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA) certified staff to size and install your ground loop and geothermal system.
While the installed price of a geothermal system can be several times that of an air-source system, the additional costs can be returned to you in energy savings in as little as 5–10 years. Beyond the savings you can see on your utility bills, you can often save even more with:
- Federal tax credits of 30% (with no cap)
- Utility rebate programs
To see if a geothermal heat pump is right for you, contact Bel Red today for a no-obligation in-home consultation.