When the compressor died on their 13-year-old air conditioner in the middle of the summer, the Weiler's in Redmond, WA wanted AC fast! Faced with replacing the compressor in an aging air conditioning system, or installing a new one, the decided to replace the old one. Instead of replacing it with another air conditioner, they chose to install a Trane XL16i heat pump instead.
Bel Red Energy Blog
Bel Red Energy Solutions has been selected for the 2012 Best of Kirkland Award in the Heating & Air Conditioning Contractors category by the Kirkland Award Program.
When the Britts moved to their new home, they knew they would miss the comfort and energy savings that the high efficiency furnace we installed in their previous home provided. With the 16-year-old furnace in their new home nearing the end of its efficient life, they decided to upgrade before the winter heating season to ensure they would have the comfort and energy savings they had come to enjoy.
Inhaling of chemicals, also known as “huffing” has become a dangerous trend for young people looking for a cheap high. The newest, and one the most potentially deadly, trends in this epidemic is inhaling refrigerant from Air Conditioner or Heat Pump systems.
Hiring an illegal contractor may seem like a good idea. There are plenty of them out there, especially in this tough economy. And hiring one seems like it can save you money because they don’t have to pass on the costs that above-board contractors do including:
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Unemployment Insurance
- State Business Taxes
- Sales Taxes
- Business and Contractor’s License Fees
- Permit Fees
- Liability Insurance and Bonding Costs
Unfortunately, YOU are taking all of the risk when you hire an illegal contractor! Did you know that you:
- Can be sued by the worker of an illegal contractor if that worker is hurt on your job?
- Can be liable for paying for Workers Compensation premiums for the workers on your job if your contractor doesn’t pay their premiums?
- Are responsible for paying all applicable taxes for the contractor if the contractor does not pay their taxes on your job?
- Can be liable for paying unemployment insurance if the contractor does not?