Out of sight can mean out of mind, but like other home maintenance needs, you should be thinking about your plumbing.
- Leaky faucets that drip at the rate of one drip per second can waste more than 3,000 gallons of water each year
- A leaky toilet can waste about 200 gallons of water every day
- Most plumbing repair calls are the result of clogged drains
All of these problems are completely avoidable. With a little maintenance, you can prevent the little problems as well as the big problems.
When thinking about your plumbing system, you need to consider the number of fixtures, appliances and pipes that are included in the system. This includes:
- Toilets, sinks, showers, and bathtubs
- Clothes washers
- Water heaters
- Water softeners and filters
Annual plumbing maintenance should include:
- Inspecting for leaks and corrosion in exposed pipes
- Testing household water pressure for indications of sediment build up or problems with water lines
- Check each sink, shower and tub drain for slow drainage which can indicate a clog in the drain or a blocked vent pipe
- Check the flushing handle and inside parts of the toilets to ensure they are working properly
- Testing gaskets and seals in toilets for water wasting leaks
- Inspecting caulking around tubs, sinks and toilets
- Inspecting and cleaning water heater burners
- Inspecting water heater vent pipes for safe operation
- Draining and flushing the water heater to remove sediment build-up
- Inspecting washing machine hoses for cracks or leaks
While some homeowners can complete many of these tasks on their own, BelRed offers a service that takes all of the worry out of this process. Let our highly trained professionals perform this annual maintenance on your home’s plumbing system to keep your plumbing system working smoothly, saving water and helping to minimize future repair costs.
Contact BelRed today to schedule your annual plumbing maintenance as part of your annual heating and cooling maintenance service, and check out our Internet Special on Plumbing Maintenance for the month of October.