People and Management
The best people, delivering the best products and service
We value our people and their contributions and it shows in their work and our performance.
Since 1986, we’ve known that our success rests on the service we provide to you, and our goal is to create memorable experiences for our customers. We start by hiring the right people and empowering them to perform to the best of their potential through:
- A rewarding work environment
- Extensive training and certification processes
- All the right tools
To provide you with peace-of-mind, all of our field staff are SafeScreened™ -certified, with:
- Background checks
- Drug screening
- Driving record checks
- Ongoing safety and CPR training
Beyond this, our staff receives extensive in-house training, including hundreds of hours of technical and customer service instruction every year, to ensure they have the knowledge and skills to meet your needs.
We work hard to hire and retain the best people, and to provide them with the tools and training they need to exceed your expectations. It’s how we meet our promise to you:
- Smarter products
- Better service
- Caring people
- 100% guaranteed heating, cooling and energy efficiency
Don Millard – President
Don began his career working as a service technician in Bellingham, Yakima, and the Eastside before founding Bel Red in 1986. While Don no longer services customers, this year Bel Red Energy Solutions celebrated its 26th anniversary in business, and Don continues to drive that success.
While Don’s leadership enabled Bel Red to flourish and grow, he’s also committed to improving the HVAC industry as a whole. Don has actively participated in:
- The Bellingham Technical College HVAC Advisory Board
- North Seattle Community College Voc Tech Advisory Board
- Washington State Task Force on HVAC Licensing
- Honeywell Contractors Advisory Board
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) National Board
He’s currently President of the Washington chapter of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), and a Board Member of Washington State HVAC/R Association, where he works to improve the quality of HVAC contractors in our state.
Adam Gloss – Vice President
Adam brings over two decades of experience in operations, sales, advertising and marketing to our team. He’s been an important asset to Bel Red since 2005, serving as Sales Manager, General Manager, and now Vice President responsible for company operations.
A graduate of Syracuse University, since coming to Bel Red Adam has taken advantage of extensive education in the HVAC industry, including training and certifications from:
- International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA)
- Air Conditoning Contractors of America (ACCA)
- Comfort Institute and other industry organizations such as BDR, ACT Group, and more
- Major equipment manufacturers
Recognizing the importance of giving back to the industry and the community, Adam has been a guest presenter at ACCA National Conferences and Service Managers Forums. He’s is a member of ACCA's Building Performance Council, Innovations Committee, and serves on the Career and Technical Education Advisory Group for the Lake Stevens School District.
Darrick Philp – Service Manager
Darrick’s career features over 13 years of experience in HVAC service and management. Starting with Bel Red as a Service Technician, Darrick was promoted to Service Manager in 2007.
With his extensive background in customer relations, HVAC service work, and teaching, Darrick stands out for his leadership abilities. He also possesses a high level of technical proficiency, including:
- North American Technical Excellence (NATE) Certification
- IGSHPA Certification
- WA State Electrical Administrator’s License
- WA State Low Voltage Electrical License
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification
Darrick has been a guest presenter at the ACCA Service Managers Forum and serves on the Washinton State Building Code Council Technical Advisory Groups for Mechanical and Energy Codes. He’s actively involved in local youth leadership programs.